Hakuna Mungu kama wewe Hakuna Mungu kama wee Hakuna Mungu kama wewe Hakuna na hatakuwepo
There's no one, there's no one like Jesus There's no one, there's no one like him There's no one, there's no one like Jesus There's no one, there's no one like him
Lucy came home from her class at Equip last week singing this song. What a joy to have my children learning how to worship in other languages and cultures! Guest missionary speakers tell stories and answer questions. Today they even had a Skype interview with a missionary on the field!
Our boys are hearing stories from Scripture and being loved so well. I’m blown away by the staff here at Wycliffe! Jack says over and over, “You can definitely tell that this isn’t their first rodeo.” They’ve thought of everything to make our time here profitable and helpful! We’re so thankful for the Orlando team at Wycliffe Bible Translators!
Jack and I are drinking from a fire hose as we learn about everything from the history of Wycliffe to how to keep track of our financial partnerships. We’re learning the importance of relationships and we’ve been given practical and valuable resources to keep up with partners. We are so excited to share with everyone all the stories we’ve heard about people groups receiving Scripture in their language for the first time. It is life changing!
We’ve practiced telling our own story of how God called us to missions and we’ve been challenged to step outside of our comfort zones in many ways. It has been so good.
It feels a bit like camp (or staff training at Lake Ann!): busy schedule, relationships that go deep quickly, and lots of laughing! We are so enjoying our time here! Three more days to go!
Thank you all so much for praying for us. We’ve been so encouraged by quick texts that let us know you’re thinking of us. We’ve also had a few partners join our team during our time in Orlando! Thank you! We need you! A big thanks to our financial partners that helped to pay for this training. You’ve made it possible for Jack and I to be here!
- We've been so encouraged by our friends and family this week! Thank you!
- Our kids are doing so well. The camper has provided consistency, even when our days all look different. We've had friends from Equip come for game nights and breakfasts, and we're feeling so at home!
- God has revealed Himself to us in many ways this week and has given us even more of a passion for what He's doing through Bible translation. We keep saying over and over, "I can't believe we get to do this!" Praise God for molding our hearts and desires to match His!
- Please continue to pray that the information we're taking in will "stick". Pray that we'll learn all that we need to learn in order to effectively build our team of partners!
- Speaking of partners, please pray that God continues to build this team of prayer and financial partners. We're convinced that God already has the team picked out and we're excited to see who is on it!
- Pray that God would continue to give us the stamina to keep up with our busy training schedule AND parenting our precious kiddos.
The grass withers, the flower fades,
but the word of our God will stand forever.